Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Second Review

When I was in 7th grade, I was informed that a girl in our grade had a crush on me.  I was surprised.  I didn't really like her.  And then I thought about it.  And I thought about it more.  And eventually I liked the idea of liking someone who liked me.  I dreamt up things I would do for her.  I thought how I would ask her out.  I wanted to buy her a ring with her birthstone on it: a perfect gift.  I walked into the hobby store downtown at least twice a week for a few months staring at the rings and wondering when her birthday was.  I used to believe that I could be for anyone, and anyone could be for me.


If your first date is 15 hours long, unplanned, and leaves you wanting more...how does your second date go?

(I suggest you first peruse each photo below, and then start clicking on things that look like links.  Get a feel for the future, and then find out how it all came to be.)

These little papers look and feel like endless opportunity.  Too bad this was the result...

He said his bladder sent sudden and dire messages.

We had witnesses.

This location would be romantic...maybe with someone more romantic.

I never did ask that girl out.  I wasn't driven enough to do it.  Didn't care so much about it.  Lucky for her; lucky for both of us.

"Home!  Goodnight!!"
...
...
...

Yesterday, I texted him a happy belated birthday.  He didn't respond.  Brotherhood hurts sometimes.  That doesn't mean you stop being brothers.  At least the feeling is mutual.

Can you think of when mutual feelings might not be a good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment